MASSIVE IOT DEPLOYMENT WITH CONNECT LPWA
Connect your devices to LPWAN with a Velos IoT SIM
- Connect to CAT-M1 on 77 networks in 40 countries and NB-IoT(NB1) on 47 networks in 34 countries and fallback in areas with no LPWAN
- LPWAN enhanced features – PSM, eDRX available for selected networks
- Available in various SIM form factors, including MFF2, 2FF, 3FF, 4FF and eUICC.
- Available in different grades, including standard plastic, robust plastic and Industrial (Embedded SIM)
- Dynamic and fixed private IP allocation available
Manage your LPWAN
connectivity through the Nomad IoT Connectivity Management Platform
- Consistent global connectivity management using Nomad SS and APIs
- Centralised invoicing for customers using cellular and LPWA connectivity
- Provisioning and usage control via Nomad with similar capabilities as a standard Velos IoT SIM
- Near Real Time usage feed supporting watchdogs and providing CDR usage feed
- Custom APN available upon request
MOST COMMON LPWAN USE CASES
NB-IoT Use Cases
NB-IoT is best suited for stationary applications with hourly data transfer frequency or a few times per hour and low to medium transmission rates. The most common NB-IoT use cases are:
- Street lights
- Smart home appliances
- Environment management devices
CAT-M1 Use Cases
CAT-M1 is best suited for non-stationary applications with one every few minutes data transfer frequency and transmission rates in the high kbps to low mbps levels. The most common CAT-M1 use cases are:
- Rental vehicles
- Fleet management
- Cold chain monitoring
- Asset Tracking
Connect LPWA as a great alternative to global 2G/3G sunset.
As a result of the rapid transformation of the cellular IoT technology landscape, 2G/3G networks are being depopulated of IoT devices and eventually will be shut down completely. While IoT businesses should be concerned and fast-acting regarding the sunsetting of 2G/3G, the situation isn’t wholly without opportunities. Newer LPWAN connectivity technologies like CAT-M1 and NB-IoT are becoming the most affordable and suitable replacement for 2G/3G networks, making them more accessible to various IoT businesses.
To be prepared, businesses can make critical progress while upgrading to these newer networks as earlier as possible. Follow our recent global 2G/3G sunset updates page to plan your alternative replacement.
A Brief Guide to Low Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN)
Need to understand more about LPWAN? We have prepared a brief guide for you covering the basics.
In this white paper, you will find information on the below:
- What is Low Power Wide Area (LPWA) Network
- Different Low Power Wide Area Network Technologies
- PSM and eDRX features in LTE-M and NB-IoT
- LPWAN use cases in NB-IoT and CAT-M1
- LPWAN as an alternative to 2G/3G network sunset
- Connect LPWA: The Velos IoT LPWAN Solution
Speak to an Expert
Schedule a meeting with one of our IoT experts to explore how Velos IoT solutions can open up new opportunities for your business.
Related LPWAN Content
Access additional resources to learn about LPWAN, its technologies, features and use cases.